Search This Blog

Thursday, May 23, 2019

Reboot!

I think I'm gonna reboot this blog. After a few years dormancy I want to refocus on writing. Especially media theory and criticism. I like the title of the blog and don't really want to change it (I might) but the purpose of the blog is going to change slightly.

It's still gonna be a dumping ground for whatever I want to talk about any given week, it's still gonna be focused primarily on cinema, and it's still gonna have an upload schedule that I will not keep (as much as I want to and will promise it). What is gonna change is the upload schedule and the scope of the content. My weekly schedule permits Tuesday and Thursday afternoons and intend on uploading on both days. I am endeavoring to see more films both old and new and will hopefully have things to say about them so there may be more standard review style posts. In these decisive political times I have also grown more politically engaged so expect more politically charged topics. Additionally I am endeavoring to write more fiction and poetry and may post some of that content here if I happen to be writing any that would be post-able (i.e. PG to PG-13 content). Also video-game criticism is increasingly interesting to me so a good deal of content will probably be focused on that too though primarily on their cinematic properties.

I also feel I should reintroduce myself. It's been a LONG time since I've last posted content to this blog and since then I have changed a ton. First off I'm (mostly) done with my film studies BA and have also moved out and am living on my own with my boyfriend. I am pretty much an adult now with creative ambitions, a job, bills, a drawer for tax forms, and all that "fun" stuff. I still adore movies and videogames, and have eclectic tastes in both. I have a fondness for underdogs in both mediums and desire to shun pretension where I can. Course I am an artsy-fartsy type so a degree of pretension is not only expected, but inevitable. I hope this reboot garners new attention to this blog. Expect my first new post before midnight tonight. Hopefully in under an hour I have fun little idea that shouldn't take TOO too long to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment