Search This Blog

Thursday, September 19, 2019

News/The Godfather (1972)

Sorry there will be no full length blog post today. Due to my own procrastination and an informal promise I made to my manager at work I spent the majority of today watching The Godfather which to be honest I don't have much to say about.

It deserves its reputation as a classic, but, due to its influence and cultural presence, the film struggles to do or say anything unique that subsequent films haven't also said and done. It deserves credit for transforming and codifying an entire genre, and for being a well crafted piece of cinematic history, but in the context of its subsequent inspired works and imitators it unfortunately blends into the crowd.
I will get to posting about The Pink Panther tomorrow so we all can look forward to that

No comments:

Post a Comment